Re: Gsoc2012 Idea --- Social Network database schema - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Gsoc2012 Idea --- Social Network database schema
Date
Re: Gsoc2012 Idea --- Social Network database schema  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of mié mar 21 11:35:54 -0300 2012:

> Now that would all be fine if this were a widely-desired feature, but
> AFAIR the user demand for it has been about nil.  So I'm leaning to
> the position that we don't want it.

I disagree with there being zero interest ... the "order by random()"
stuff does come up occasionally.