Re: invalid page header in pg_statistic - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: invalid page header in pg_statistic
Date
Re: invalid page header in pg_statistic  ("Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net>)
List pgsql-general
"Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net> writes:
> How do I fix this 7.4.6 issue short of initdb?
>     invalid page header in block 110 of relation "pg_statistic"
> I looked at the block via pg_filedump (included below), and it
> does not appear to me to be corrupted, so not sure what I would
> zero out, if anything.

Seems odd to me too ... but pg_statistic doesn't contain any
irreplaceable data.  See if you can TRUNCATE it.  If so, do
an ANALYZE to repopulate it.  I don't recall if 7.4 has any
special hoops you'd have to jump through to truncate a system
catalog ...

            regards, tom lane