Re: CLUSTER VERBOSE (9.1.3) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: CLUSTER VERBOSE (9.1.3)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of mié mar 07 11:57:41 -0300 2012:

> Seems like a good enhancement to me, if someone can figure out how to
> do it cleanly.  Unfortunately those debug messages may not be in a
> place where it's real easy for them to know whether they're being
> called from CLUSTER VERBOSE or not, so it might take a little thought
> to produce a clean patch for this.

Another thing that occured to me in this general area was whether it'd
be useful to do something with ps_status and pg_stat_activity.

Also, this isn't limited to CLUSTER; anything that rewrites the table
and indexes would benefit.  Meaning ALTER TABLE that does a full
rewrite, and also VACUUM FULL.