Re: Fix for OpenSSL error queue bug - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fix for OpenSSL error queue bug
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>> I'm not sure if project policy around backpatching (that commit
>> messages and so on should match exactly) has anything to say about the
>> case where backpatching follows several weeks after commit to the
>> master branch.

> There is no value in providing exact message matches when the backpatch
> occurs even after one other commit in the master branch.

Actually, git_changelog can merge identically-messaged commits despite
intervening commits.  It's set up to not merge commits more than 24 hours
apart, though.  We could loosen that requirement but I'm afraid it would
make things confusing to merge far-apart commits.