Re: BUG #6489: Alter table with composite type/table - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #6489: Alter table with composite type/table
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from rikard.pavelic's message of s=C3=A1b feb 25 10:23:18 -0300 20=
12:

> But I would expect second alter to pass and enforcing not null and default
> when adding this column in table and not enforcing not null and default w=
hen
> adding into composite type for another table.
>=20
> Is this by design, oversight or a TODO?

I think this is more a TODO than anything else.  Last year we discussed
something similar to this -- twice, even; IIRC, one was buried somewhere
in the discussion about "variant" types, if you want to search the
pgsql-hackers archives.  As far as I recall, discussion died mainly
because no one had the time and/or energy to pursue it, not because it
was impossible.

--=20
=C3=81lvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>