Re: pg_stat_progress_basebackup - progress reporting forpg_basebackup, in the server side - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: pg_stat_progress_basebackup - progress reporting forpg_basebackup, in the server side
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 2020/03/11 13:44, Amit Langote wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 3:39 AM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 6:19 PM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
>>> Attached is the updated version of the patch.
>>
>> Would it perhaps be better to return NULL instead of 0 in the
>> statistics view if there is no data?
>
> NULL sounds better than 0.

Ok, I will make the patch that changes the view so that NULL is
returned instead of 0. I'm thinking to commit that patch
after applying the change of pg_basebackup client side first.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT DATA CORPORATION