Re: postgres 9.0 date aberration in logs - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Greg Williamson
Subject Re: postgres 9.0 date aberration in logs
Date
List pgsql-admin
Matheus --

>To me seems that it just appended the data to your log. To avoid this set the log_truncate_on_rotation to on, but
noticethat it will replace the old logs.

Thanks for the suggestion, but we seem to be using this already:

-bash-3.2$ grep  log_truncate_on_rotation  postgresql.conf
log_truncate_on_rotation = on# If on, an existing log file of the

Is it possible that this fails under some conditions ?

We are migrating to 9.1, which unfortunately showed the same issues at almost the same time; no complaints in system
logsor restarts of the servers.

Very odd ...

Greg W.