Re: BUG #6347: Reopening bug #6085 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #6347: Reopening bug #6085
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from Bruce Momjian's message of vie feb 03 15:52:29 -0300 2012:

> Actually, thinking more about this, the old pg_upgrade didn't use pg_ctl
> wait/-w mode, but rather kept trying to connect until the server was up.
> Once pg_ctl -w worked in more cases in PG 9.1, the new pg_upgrade
> started using pg_ctl -w, but I didn't consider that we were unable to
> fix pg_ctl -w for non-standard settings in back branches.

Hm, so what was wrong with just keep trying to connect?  Surely it's not
optimal, but if it's more robust than the alternative, maybe it's
preferrable.

--=20
=C3=81lvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>