Re: Avoid FK validations for no-rewrite ALTER TABLE ALTER TYPE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Avoid FK validations for no-rewrite ALTER TABLE ALTER TYPE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Noah Misch's message of dom ene 22 02:05:31 -0300 2012:

> Thanks.  I've attached a new version fixing this problem.

Looks good to me.  Can you please clarify this bit?
         * Since we elsewhere require that all collations share the same         * notion of equality, don't compare
collationhere.

Since I'm not familiar with this code, it's difficult for me to figure
out where this "elsewhere" is, and what does "same notion of equality"
mean.