Re: Setting -Werror in CFLAGS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Setting -Werror in CFLAGS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On ons, 2012-01-04 at 13:44 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> I'm not thrilled about that either.  Especially since they seem to be
> adding more and more warnings that are harder and harder to work
> around for issues that are less and less important.  Unimportant
> warnings that are easily avoidable are not so bad, but...

I think the reason they add all these new warnings is that a lot of
software is of poor quality.  A lot of software probably doesn't check
any return values, so they need to see those warnings.  If the last 3
out of 100 are hard to fix, that might be a small price to pay.