Re: pgbench post-connection command - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgbench post-connection command
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of jue ene 12 12:26:49 -0300 2012:
> > New -x option for pgbench executes the given command once after
> > connection of each session.
>
> This seems rather poorly designed, mainly because there's no reason to
> think that a single command would be sufficient.
>
> What would make more sense to me is to add an option for a one-time
> script, or possibly extend the script language to allow marking some
> commands as "do once".

Maybe use isolation tester spec files as examples, which has blocks for
a "setup" as well as "teardown", in addition to whatever commands are to
run.  It's possible that teardown is not ever necessary -- who knows?