Re: pg_multixact/members growing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_multixact/members growing
Date
List pgsql-general
Tiffany Thang <tiffanythang@gmail.com> writes:
> Where do I find pg_controldata? I could not locate it on the file system.

Hmm, should be one of the installed PG executables.

> pg_clog/ or pg_subtrans/ or pg_multixact/offsets/  are getting larger too
> but by only a few hundreds MBs.

This is consistent with the idea that something is holding back the
oldest-transaction horizon.  (However, I'd think you'd also be having
serious problems with table bloat if that were true, so it's a bit
mystifying.)  Did you check for unclosed prepared transactions?

    select * from pg_prepared_xacts;

            regards, tom lane