Re: [pgadmin-support] Help for Migration - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: [pgadmin-support] Help for Migration
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 21:23 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 12/07/2011 06:57 PM, Mamatha_Kagathi_Chan@DELL.com wrote:
> [...]
> > I can also get the same result if I execute it in pgadmin (version downloaded from postgres community) which is on
adifferent client machine but connected to the server on enterpriseDB version
> > As EXEC proc.
> If you're connected to EnterpriseDB, I'd expect that.
>
> If you're connected to PostgreSQL, maybe PgAdmin is translating EXEC
> into a SELECT ?

pgAdmin doesn't translate queries executed by the user. If EXEC works on
EDB AS, then pgadmin will fire it with success. If it doesn't, pgadmin
will fire it, and the result will be a failure.

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info