Extending the volume size of the data directory volume - Mailing list pgsql-general

From panam
Subject Extending the volume size of the data directory volume
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

as I am importing gigabytes of data and the space on the volume where the
data dictionary resides just became to small during that process, I resized
it dynamically (it is a LVM volume) according to this procedure:
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/opensource/how-to-use-logical-volume-manager-lvm-to-grow-etx4-file-systems-online/3016
Everything went without any problems and the import continued. Now, it is
suddenly stuck (pgAdmin shows it as idle (piped connection)) and there is a
good chance (as estimated from the space used) it just started using one of
the added LE-Blocks (HDD space that was added to the volume). The db
imported so far can be accessed just fine.
So from the postmaster architecture, is there something that would explain
this behaviour based on the hypothesis that newly added space was used? Any
chance to revive the import somehow?

Thanks