Re: Autovacuum daemon terminated by signal 11 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Autovacuum daemon terminated by signal 11
Date
List pgsql-general
Justin Pasher <justinp@newmediagateway.com> writes:
> I'll let you know when I get a chance to get a core dump from the
> process. I assume I will need a version of Postgres built with debug
> symbols for it to be useful? I'm not seeing one in the standard Debian
> repositories, so I might have to compile from source.

Having debug symbols would be more useful, but unless the binary is
totally stripped, a backtrace might provide enough info without that.
Try it and see if you get any function names in the trace, or only
numbers.

(BTW, does Debian have anything comparable to Red Hat's debuginfo
packages?  You might be able to get the debug symbols without having
to recompile for yourself.  Recompile is a bit of a pain since you have
to take care to match the original compilation options exactly.)

            regards, tom lane