Re: Problems with Timezones in Australia - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Murray Fox
Subject Re: Problems with Timezones in Australia
Date
List pgsql-general
On 16/10/2008, at 7:23 PM, Craig Ayliffe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have several Postgres DB's not showing correct daylight savings
> time.
>
> From maillist etc I believe these are patched up to the right levels
> to have the correct time zones - but they don't seem to be working
> still.
>
> The unix date command show the correct dates.

Try zdump'ing the PostgreSQL TZ data file. My (Debian Etch) system w/
PostgreSQL 8.1.11 shows:

   tethys:~# date -u
   Thu Oct 16 06:39:05 UTC 2008

   tethys:~# zdump /usr/share/postgresql/8.1/timezone/Australia/ACT
   /usr/share/postgresql/8.1/timezone/Australia/ACT  Thu Oct 16
17:39:09 2008 EST

If your zdump is out (and tbh I've no idea if my TZ data for Au/ACT is
up to date or not, I'm a Kiwi!) you'll need to update your PostgreSQL
TZ files (you can probably grab them from source distribution and drop
them in place).

Cheers!

M.