Re: postgres 9.0.4, pg_restore and indexes - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Greg Williamson
Subject Re: postgres 9.0.4, pg_restore and indexes
Date
List pgsql-admin
Raghu Ram wrote:

<snip>

>Try with below work-around to restore only hosts table from compressed dump file:
>

>"pg_restore -t hosts -Fc /var/data/pgsql/backups/prodDB/20111017_puppet.pgdump > hosts_plaindump" [ i.e you'll get a
human-readabledump ]

Did you actually try this ?

This does not include any references to indexes, constraints or sequences, all of which it might be useful to recreate.

What I am I missing ? Or is pg_restore just not capable of restoring the full definition of a table ?

TIA,

Greg WIlliamson