Re: Heavy contgnous load - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From kzsolt
Subject Re: Heavy contgnous load
Date
List pgsql-performance
So guys, lot of thank you for all of the explanation and ideas!

Craig Ringer wrote:
> If you really need absolutely maximum insert performance, you should
> just use a flat file or a different database system.
This need some explanation:
Just for easy explanation our system constructed by Pmodules called PMs. The
transport between PMs is a special reliable protocol with elastic high
capacity buffers. This absorb the peaks of asynchrnous event storm.
The related (small) part of our system called A_PM. This A_PM accept
asynchrnous event from many (can be more dozen) other PMs, format it and
store onto record of SQL table.
After the record inserted all must be open for complex querys requested by 3
or more PM.
Othersides we need to provide common public access to this records (and to
many other functions). This is why we use SQL database server for. But the
requirement is the user can be select freely the vendor of database server
from four database server set (one of is PGR). To implement this we have
twin interface.

The synchronous_commit=off and unlogged table are good idea. I try it.
The crash make mouch more trouble for our system than trouble generated by
loss of 200-300 record...