Re: Indexes slower when used in decending vs. ascending order? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Indexes slower when used in decending vs. ascending order?
Date
List pgsql-novice
"Alasdair Young" <ayoung@vigilos.com> writes:
> (Now I just need to get Postgres 8.0 running on a RedHat 7.2/7.3 box :)

Um ... I work for Red Hat, so I think I have to slip you the bad news
twice today: no sane person would still be running that OS version
either.  7.2 was obsolete about the time I went to work at Red Hat
(in 2001).

If you want something that was current last year and is probably pretty
stable now, PG 8.0.x on Fedora Core 4 would be a good bet.  Personally
I'd recommend PG 8.1.x on FC5 if you are just looking at deploying now.
It'll be much more maintainable a year or two out.

            regards, tom lane