Re: Proposed cleanup of generated header files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposed cleanup of generated header files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Any objections if I rearrange the makefiles
>> so that these files get placed under include/ when they are built,
>> and then -I src/backend goes away?

Done.  Note you'd be well advised to do make distclean / configure
after pulling these updates --- lotta Makefile.in files changed...

The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> Sounds perfect to me ... just make changes to prep_release in tools so
> that they are generated for the snapshots?

No point in changing prep_release that I can see.  fmgroids.h has to
have a dependency on Gen_fmgrtab.sh, which is built at configure time
from Gen_fmgrtab.sh.in.  So it'd get rebuilt anyway, even though there's
no real platform dependency in it.  parse.h is distributed in the
tarball in backend/parser where it's built, so we don't need another
copy distributed in include/parser.