Re: tubles matching - Mailing list pgsql-general

From salah jubeh
Subject Re: tubles matching
Date
List pgsql-general

Thanks Chris, this solution is one alternative, but it will not work in my app because the join condition in your example is defined using all the fields. in my case the join condition is unknown.  if a row in the first view is a subset of a row in the second view that means there is a match.

Regards

From: Chris Travers <chris.travers@gmail.com>
Cc: salah jubeh <s_jubeh@yahoo.com>; pgsql <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] tubles matching

Is something like this what you are trying to do?

somedb=# create table a (a int, b text, c date);
CREATE TABLE
somedb=# create table b (a int, b text, c date);
CREATE TABLE
somedb=# select * from a join b using (a, b, c);
a | b | c
---+---+---
(0 rows)

somedb=# insert into a values (1, 'test', now());
INSERT 0 1
somedb=# insert into b values (1, 'test', now());
INSERT 0 1
somedb=# insert into b values (2, 'test', now());
INSERT 0 1
somedb=# select * from a join b using (a, b, c);
a |  b  |    c
1 | test | 2011-09-28
(1 row)

Best wishes,