Re: Is there really no interest in SQL Standard? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Is there really no interest in SQL Standard?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On fre, 2011-09-16 at 08:59 -0500, Dave Page wrote:
> You're missing my point completely. You say you represent PostgreSQL
> on the SQL Committee (or German working group, but that's not the
> point), yet the PostgreSQL hackers didn't know that, and were making
> other plans less than 2 years ago. For me, a representative would have
> been reporting back to us after each meeting, and discussing points to
> raise before each meeting - not working in isolation, without the
> knowledge of others.

Let's not get into legalese.  I don't think Susanne's point was the she
was the sole and authoritative representative of the project.  An
alternative way to phrase this might be that she has been the only
participant in committee meetings that has had PostgreSQL's concerns on
her mind.