Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> BTW, is this patch even under consideration for 8.4?

It's already committed --- remember the start of the thread was Peter
complaining that he'd already been annoyed by the new behavior.  (As
had I, but I'd not gotten round to complaining yet.)

If we wait till after 8.4 is released to reconsider, we'll have yet
another layer of backwards-compatibility issues to deal with while
trying to fix it.