Re: PITR Dead horse? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PITR Dead horse?
Date
Re: PITR Dead horse?  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> Is this something large enough, like the win32 stuff, that having a side
> list for discussions is worth setting up?

In terms of the amount of code to be written, I expect it's larger than
the win32 porting effort.  And it should be mostly pretty separate from
hacking the core backend, since most of what remains to do is writing
external management utilities (I think).

I've been dissatisfied with having the separate pgsql-hackers-win32
list; I feel it just fragments the discussion, and people tend to end up
crossposting to -hackers anyway.  But a separate list for PITR work
might be a good idea despite that experience, since it seems like it'd
be a more separable project.

Any other opinions out there?