Re: BBU still needed with SSD? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andy
Subject Re: BBU still needed with SSD?
Date
List pgsql-performance
> > I'm not comparing SSD in SW RAID with rotating disks
> in HW RAID with
> > BBU though. I'm just comparing SSDs with or without
> BBU. I'm going to
> > get a couple of Intel 320s, just want to know if BBU
> makes sense for
> > them.
>
> Yes, it certainly does, even if you have a RAID BBU.

"even if you have a RAID BBU"? Can you elaborate?

I'm talking about after I get 2 Intel 320s, should I spend the extra money on a RAID BBU? Adding RAID BBU in this case
wouldn'timprove reliability, but does it improve performance? If so, how much improvement can it bring?