Re: Idea for reducing planning time - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Idea for reducing planning time
Date
Re: Idea for reducing planning time  (Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers
>> If you like I'll post the patch, but it strikes me as a waste of list
>> bandwidth --- anyone who is likely to actually review it is perfectly
>> capable of doing cvs diff for themselves ...

> Posting patch is only useful if you want people to review it.  They are
> more likely to if you send it to patches, already diff'ed.  In fact, how
> do you pull out a patch set from CVS?  You have to use -D and specify a
> date/time range, right?

That's a good point --- there doesn't seem to be any real easy way of
extracting a set of changes to different files except to use -D.  And
even that doesn't do anything to separate unrelated patches applied at
about the same time.

For the record, you can get a diff of this kind with a command like
cvs diff -c -D '2000-12-14 17:00' -D '2000-12-14 18:00'

executed in the top level of the tree you want to search.