Re: An amusing MySQL weakness--not! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vincent Veyron
Subject Re: An amusing MySQL weakness--not!
Date
Re: An amusing MySQL weakness--not!  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Re: An amusing MySQL weakness--not!  (Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>)
Re: An amusing MySQL weakness--not!  (Leif Biberg Kristensen <leif@solumslekt.org>)
List pgsql-general
Le dimanche 26 juin 2011 à 00:05 -0700, Darren Duncan a écrit :
> Michael Nolan wrote:

> Having real BOOLEAN is just one of the reasons I like Postgres the most.

Would you mind giving an example of where a boolean field would be a win
over an integer one?

I'm asking this because I frequently wonder what is best for my use; I
normally query postgres via Perl modules, which don't care about boolean
(the driver converts t/f to 0/1), but I like to tune my fields properly.

--
Vincent Veyron
http://marica.fr/