Re: strangeness in pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: strangeness in pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general
Mathieu Arnold <mat@mat.cc> writes:
>> For that matter, what version(s) are you running?

> both have multibyte support, both encoding LATIN9 (france, euro)
> 7.2 on the linux, 7.2.1 on the freebsd

In that case I think the difference is explained by this 7.2.1 patch:

    * doc/src/sgml/ref/copy.sgml, src/backend/commands/copy.c: Modify
    COPY TO to emit carriage returns and newlines as backslash escapes
    (backslash-r, backslash-n) for protection against
    newline-conversion munging.  In future we will also tweak COPY
    FROM, but this part of the change should be backwards-compatible.
    Per pghackers discussion.  Also, update COPY reference page to
    describe the backslash conversions more completely and accurately.

            regards, tom lane