Re: pg_upgrade defaulting to port 25432 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pg_upgrade defaulting to port 25432
Date
Re: pg_upgrade defaulting to port 25432
List pgsql-hackers
On tor, 2011-06-23 at 21:39 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have created the following patch which uses 25432 as the default port
> number for pg_upgrade.

I don't think we should just steal a port from the reserved range.
Picking a random port from the private/dynamic range seems more
appropriate.

> It also creates two new environment variables,
> OLDPGPORT and NEWPGPORT, to control the port values because we don't
> want to default to PGPORT anymore.

I would prefer that all PostgreSQL-related environment variables start
with "PG".