Improve the Postgres Query performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tripura
Subject Improve the Postgres Query performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hello All..
This is my first PostgreSql database. It has 8 tables and 4 tables are very
huge each with 6million records.
I have a simple view on this tables and it is taking more than 3hrs to
return the results.
Can someone help me the way to improve the db return the results in a faster
way.

I am not sure ... how to improve the performace and return the faster query
results in PostgreSql.

I tried creating index on each of this tables
for example
CREATE INDEX idx_idlocalizedname
  ON "LocalizedName"
  USING btree
  (id)
  WITH (FILLFACTOR=95);

But still it did not help me much
Can someone guide me the way to improve the performance in PostgreSql
Thx,
Triprua