Re: Postmaster holding unlinked files for pg_largeobject table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Postmaster holding unlinked files for pg_largeobject table
Date
Re: Postmaster holding unlinked files for pg_largeobject table
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of lun jun 06 12:10:24 -0400 2011:

> > Hmm interesting.  I don't think the placement suggested by Tom would be
> > useful, because the Zabbix backends are particularly busy all the time,
> > so they wouldn't run ProcessCatchupEvent at all.
>
> Yeah, I wasn't that thrilled with the suggestion either.  But we can't
> just have backends constantly closing every open FD they hold, or
> performance will suffer.  I don't see any very good place to do this...

How about doing something on an sinval message for pg_database?
That doesn't solve the WAL problem Kevin found, of course ...