Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: Incoming/Sent traffic data
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 13:40 -0300, Israel Ben Guilherme Fonseca wrote:
> Well I finally figure it out thanks to you guys.
>
> After checking the package contents I could notice that the Java test
> I can easily see it contents (traffic data and select statements).
> That wasn't true for the Python test, the content show as a bizarre
> sequence o characters.
>
> So as you guys argued, it was indeed ssl encrypted. I checked the docs
> and learned how to disable it and I got the same results as the java
> driver.
>
> 221222KB (almost the same)
>
> But here is the question, does the SSL compress the data too?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/ssl/ssl_faq.html#comp

and postgresql and libpq use OpenSSL, so depending on version of SSL
used, you may get the compression part automatically

JDBC's SSL support may no (yet) include it

--
-------
Hannu Krosing