Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PG 13 release notes, first draft
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> On a different note, I became aware of this[1] and noticed that dropping
> "CREATE EXTENSION ... FROM" was not listed in the incompatibilities
> section, so proposing the attached. I have no strong opinions on the
> final wording, mainly wanted to get it listed.

It is listed already in the "Additional Modules" section (about line 2940
in release-13.sgml as of right now).  I don't know Bruce's exact reasoning
for not including it in the "Incompatibilities" section, but I tend to
agree that it shouldn't be significant to any real-world user.  I think
that the postgis testing issue you reference is just an ancient test
case that they should drop as no longer relevant.