Re: Backpatching of "Teach the regular expression functions to do case-insensitive matching" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Backpatching of "Teach the regular expression functions to do case-insensitive matching"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On tis, 2011-05-10 at 18:05 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> The lack of initdb support for getting more-or-less-standard collation
> entries into pg_collation on Windows seems to be the major missing
> piece from here (dunno if Peter is aware of others).  If we don't fix
> that before release, we're going to regret it anyway IMO, because of
> the inevitable tide of questions/complaints from Windows users trying
> to use the collation feature.  We've already seen at least one such
> from a beta tester.

Well, someone who wants it will have to do it.  It's pretty simple, but
not simple enough to code it blindly.  If someone wants to do it, I can
tell them exactly what to do.