Re: Process wakeups when idle and power consumption - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Process wakeups when idle and power consumption
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Peter Geoghegan's message of jue may 05 16:49:25 -0300 2011:

> I'll need to take a look at statistics, autovacuum and Logger
> processes too, to see if they present more subtle opportunities for
> reduced idle power consumption.

More subtle?  Autovacuum wakes up once per second and it could sleep a
lot longer if it weren't for the loop that checks for signals.  I think
that could be improved a lot.