Re: psql causing a error - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Bill Teluk
Subject Re: psql causing a error
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Raghu and thanks!,
This fix helped me too.
My installation is an OpenSCG PostgreSQL 9.0.3 build with PostGIS 1.5.2
installed; and as per Sandra - the installation worked fine for several days
then failed - I got mine going again the first time by multiple restarts and
some port config changes, but the second time I looked further and found
this post.  Each time I had a failure on mine, it was triggered by loading
an SQL script via "psql -f" generated by the shp2pgsql utility that ships
with PostGIS v1.5.2 - the script looked fine to me though (and deleting the
tables generated by it failed to restore operation.)  Also, pgAdmin
(v1.12.2) seemed to work OK where psql wouldn't.
Regards, Bill.