Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2011-03-06 at 18:09 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 03/06/2011 05:51 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > Efficient transaction-controlled synchronous replication.
> >

> I'm glad this is in, but I thought we agreed NOT to call it "synchronous
> replication".

The discussion on the thread was that its not sync rep unless we have
the strictest guarantees. We have the strictest guarantees, so it
qualifies as sync rep.

Relaxations are possible and, to some people, desirable.

Perhaps there is a more marketable term, and if so, we can rebrand. It
wouldn't be the first time things got renamed in beta.

-- Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services