Re: Sync Rep v19 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Sync Rep v19
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2011-03-03 at 18:51 +0100, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:

> >> Using '*' as the default seems to lead the performance degradation by
> >> being connected from unexpected synchronous standby.
> >
> > You can configure it however you wish. It seemed better to have an out
> > of the box setting that was useful.
>
> Well the HBA still needs some opening before anyone can claim to be a
> standby.  I guess the default line would be commented out and no standby
> would be accepted as synchronous by default, assuming this GUC is sighup.

The patch sets "*" as the default, so all standbys are synchronous by
default.

Would you prefer it if it was blank, meaning no standbys are
synchronous, by default?

-- Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services