Re: Postgresql backend to perform vacuum automatically - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postgresql backend to perform vacuum automatically
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Nicolas Bazin wrote:
> From what I read in the recent exchanges in the PostgreSQL vs ORACLE thread it would seem a good idea for the backend
tokeep track of the number of update performed on a database and after a certain threshold start a vacuum in a separate
processby itself.

>> Any comments?

> Yes, makes sense to me, especially now that we have a nolocking vacuum.
> Tom, do you have any ideas on this?

There's a TODO item about this already.

* Provide automatic scheduling of background vacuum (Tom)