Re: criticism about hosting download packages - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: criticism about hosting download packages
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 12:01 +0100, Susanne Ebrecht wrote:
> On 22.02.2011 20:53, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Right but that isn't our concern. EDB should and can do whatever they
> > wish with that download page. It is up to the community to decide
> > whether or not how they handle it is reasonable.
>
> As long as it is legal.
>
> Fishing for addresses is illegal in most European countries.

There is no fishing going on here.

> The way EDB tries it might not be illegal - but it is hard at the limit
> of being illegal.

Susanne this is pretty out there. They aren't fishing for addresses.
They don't make you fill out the form. The download starts on its own
without putting in a single character of information. The page even
states that the download will begin on its own and that if it doesn't
you can click the link.

JD

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor