Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Get rid of the global variable holding the error state - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Get rid of the global variable holding the error state
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On tor, 2011-01-27 at 00:25 +0100, Jan Urbański wrote:
> _2 is only Python 2.2, but I tried: with Python 2.2 there's a whole
> lot of regression tests that fail. The last release of 2.2 is April
> 2003, maybe it's time to forget about that particular dinosaur?

I agree that we should remove the plpython_unicode_2.out expected file
since none of the other expected files support 2.2.

I would also support dropping 2.2 support at the source code level.  It
would only save a few lines of compatibility code, but we can't support
everything forever, and I think it'd be better to draw a clear line than
maintaining the current state of works-but-no-test-support.