Re: .gitignore patch for coverage builds - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: .gitignore patch for coverage builds
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of mié ene 26 19:20:52 -0300 2011:
> > On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 4:44 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >> Ick. That's an awful lot of stuff to have global ignores for.
>
> > The "coverage" directory ignore seems a little icky, but the rest
> > seems unlikely to pick up anything incidental.
>
> Tying /coverage to the root as in his V2 makes that better,

Hmm, I don't think that works, because you can run "make coverage" in
any subdir and it will create a "coverage" subdir there.

> but I'm
> still unexcited about the thesis that we should auto-ignore the results
> of any random tool somebody wants to run in their source tree.

Well, in this case it's not any random tool, because it's integrated
into our makefiles.