Re: The good, old times - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Subject Re: The good, old times
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 08:49 -0500, Mladen Gogala wrote:

<snip>
> 7 kilobytes per second???  That brings back the times of the good, old
> 9600 USR modems and floppy disks.

The machine is serving 40-50 Mbit/sec, and 90% of its traffic is for
pgrpms.org. I'm hosting the server in Turkey, and it is my own dedicated
machine -- but eventually it will be moved to a machine under
postgresql.org infrastructure soon, so it will be faster, I believe.
Sorry for the current setup -- it is the only machine that I can host
RPMs safely.

We are also *considering* to use FTP mirrors as RPM mirrors, too, but I
won't promise that now.

Please keep looking at http://yum.pgrpms.org for updates.

Regards,

--