Re: Bug in pg_describe_object, patch v2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Karlsson
Subject Re: Bug in pg_describe_object, patch v2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> But I can read the handwriting on the wall: if I want this done right,
> I'm going to have to do it myself.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Do I understand you correctly if I interpret what you would like to see
is the same format used now in these cases?

1) When for btree and hash when lefttype and righttype are the same as
the two function parameters.

2) When for GiST and GIN there is only one member of the operator family
and the lefttype and righttype are the same as the type of the operator
class that is a member of the operator family.

That are the default rules in opclasscmds.c as I understood them

If so I think I could try to take a stab at this and see once done if it
looks like worth the additional code complexity.

Regards,
Andreas