Re: WIP: RangeTypes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: WIP: RangeTypes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Updated patch.

Summary of changes:

  * More generic functions

  * pg_dump support

  * remove typmod support until it can be done correctly

  * added some tests

There is still quite a bit left, including (numbers match up with
previous TODO list):

  1. Generic functions -- still more work to do here. Handling the
combination of continuous range semantics with NULLs requires quite a
lot of special cases, because it's hard to share code among functions.
Even something as simple as "equals" is not as trivial as it sounds.
Perhaps I'm missing some cleaner abstractions, or perhaps I'm
over-thinking the null semantics.

  3. perhaps fix typmod

  4. documentation

  5. more tests