Re: Bug in pg_describe_object - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Bug in pg_describe_object
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of mar ene 11 10:52:12 -0300 2011:

> Well, we shouldn't change them randomly or arbitrarily, but improving them is another thing altogether.  I think the
contentionthat any user or application anywhere is depending on the exact textual representation of a pg_amproc entry
isexceedingly dubious.  And I think the current messages are flat-out confusing.

Tom also mentioned that the descriptions are translated, so an
application built to parse anything out of the strings is already
broken.