Re: porting question: funky uid names? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: porting question: funky uid names?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mark Bixby <mark@bixby.org> writes:
> So why is there a backend/global1.bki.source *and* a
> backend/catalog/global1.bki.source?

You don't want to know ;-) ... it's all cleaned up for 7.1 anyway.
I think in 7.0 you have to run make install in src/backend to get the
.bki files installed.

> But now runcheck dies during the install of PL/pgSQL, with createlang
> complaining about a missing lib/plpgsql.sl.

> I did do an MPE implementation of dynloader.c, but I was under the dim
> impression this was only used for user-added functions, not core
> functionality.  Am I mistaken?  Are you dynaloading core functionality too?

No, but the regress tests try to test plpgsql too ... you should be able
to dike out the createlang call and have all tests except the plpgsql
regress test work.