Re: postgres performance tunning - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From selvi88
Subject Re: postgres performance tunning
Date
List pgsql-performance
My requirement is more than 15 thousand queries will run,
It will be 5000 updates and 5000 insert and rest will be select.

Each query will be executed in each psql client, (let say for 15000 queries
15000 thousand psql connections will be made).

Since the connections are more for me the performance is low, I have tested
it with pgbench tool.

Configurations,
RAM     : 17.9GB
CPU     : 64-bit 2 cores each 5346 bogomips

Postgres Configurations,
Shared Memory Required (shmmax) : 1720320000 bytes
Wal Buffers : 1024KB
Maintenance work mem : 1024MB
Effective Cache Size : 9216MB
Work Memory : 32MB