Best GPLike ERD/SQL developing tool for postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wim Bertels
Subject Best GPLike ERD/SQL developing tool for postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hallo,

i have tested some tools,
but none of them have the all the functionality i'm looking for:

(erd/sql(/db))
- forward engineer SQL  (to db (and uncluttered erd))
- backward engineer SQL (to sql and uncluttered erd)
- compare

- autocompletion when writing code

(erd)
- full postgresql support (eg datatypes)

(erd)
- full constraints support (eg composite keys, unique..)

My best candidates i found so far for linux-systems
- pgDesigner (not stable though, crashes regularly, no support for
higher postgresql versions, no autocompletion, ..)
- squirrel (no engineering starting from a erd, only for printing, )
- executeQuery (no full constraints support when creating erd, which
works, but not so user friendly)
- power*architect (in my opinion the best look and feel, but lacks a lot
of features)
(- sql workbench (no erds!))
Combining the strengths of each these would be a good developing tool
though.

Any suggestions with regard to good gplike erd/sql developing tools for
postgresql?
No mails about proprietary or closed source tools plz.

mvg,
Wim