Re: Cascading replication and recovery_target_timeline='latest' - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Cascading replication and recovery_target_timeline='latest'
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Heikki,
>> It is for 9.2. I'll do a little bit more testing, and barring any
>> issues, commit the patch. What exactly is the schedule? Do we need to do
>> a RC2 because of this?

> We're currently scheduled to release next week.  If we need to do an
> RC2, we're going to have to do some fast rescheduling; we've already
> started the publicity machine.

At this point I would argue that the only thing that should abort the
launch is a bad regression.  Minor bugs in new features (and this must
be minor if it wasn't noticed before) don't qualify.

Having said that, it'd be good to get it fixed if we can.  The schedule
says to wrap 9.2.0 Thursday evening --- Heikki, can you get this fixed
tomorrow (Wednesday)?